We outline the highlights of our latest iSeries release, including the key features and benefits and what our users can expect.
Overview of our September 2017 iSeries release and updates
This update to the iManager Communications Server (iCS), Media Gateway (iG330/iG334) and iTurret Dealerboard (iD808) provides several valuable enhancements.
The core feature introduced in this release is the ability to deliver intercom services in Remote Site mode from iManager Communications Server (iCS) delivering more flexible deployments and hosted environments.
To support remote deployments and general platform monitoring capabilities we have improved the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) features across the server applications and endpoints.
Finally, this release offers a range of client feature requests which strengthen productivity and regulatory compliance.
- Improved network management & visibility using enhanced SNMP
- Leverage iCS intercom capabilities on remote sites
- Client-focused productivity and regulatory compliance updates
iCS, iD808 and iG330/iG334 devices now support additional SNMP status updates for:
- Improved network visibility - Newly defined Object Identifier (OID) and an updated range of enhanced SNMP indicators proactively help identify infrastructure changes.
- Increased SNMP server support - Maximum number of SNMP management servers configured per iCS increased from two to ten and per iG330/iD808 device from one to ten.
SE 712, ZERO8, iCS, iCMS, iG330, iG334 and iTurret, now support Remote Site mode for intercom and group calls, providing the following benefits:
- Deployment flexibility - Expands connectivity options by removing the need for multicast protocols for intercom and group call capability.
- Reduced dependence on Multicast for SB534 integration- Point-to-point calls now use unicast RTP media regardless of media routing, minimising the use of multicast traffic.
- Faster, dynamic Multicast assignment - When multicast media is used for local endpoint group calls, the multicast address will be dynamically allocated from the multicast pool of addresses.
- Smarter iG330/iG334 SB 534 link assignment - Previously the iG330/iG334 used statically configured static multicast addressing. iCMS now supports the configuration of the iG330/iG334 to use the DVMS protocol for SB534 call region links, for smart and fast configuration.
Productivity & regulatory compliance
- Toggle-to-answer – The user can configure this feature on the iTurret to answer a call when the handset/headset switch is toggled. Visual longest hold indication – Unanswered and on hold LED indication can now automatically ‘Fast flash’ after a predefined time, allowing fast identification of longest ringing or on hold calls.
- Visual longest hold indication – Unanswered and on hold LED indication can now automatically ‘Fast flash’ after a predefined time, allowing fast identification of longest ringing or on hold calls. Simplified delivery of diagnostic logs – Update allows faster and easier upload of diagnostic logs directly from
- Simplified delivery of diagnostic logs – The update allows faster and easier upload of diagnostic logs directly from the user - granting faster analysis of issues.
- Personal Directory entry limit increase – iTurret personal directory entry limit has been increased to 1000.
- Enhanced group talk option – The new ignore handset feature allows iE801 group speaker shout-out without muting active handsets.
- NICE Trader Recorder configuration improvements – iManager Centralised Management System now automates recording stream configuration for NTR Recorders.
- New Compliance Reports - The new report will list details of voice recorder assignment across policies and devices for rapid compliance auditing and enhanced record keeping.
This update also adds iTurret call control with Plantronics wireless headsets, watch the video below:
- iCMS = v3.500
- iCS = v2.500
- iG330 / 334 = v2.700
- iD808 = v3.200
- SE708 = v2.600
- iD712 = v2.400
Please contact your Speakerbus Account Manager for more details.