Legal Information, Compliance
Our contact details
Name: Data Protection Officer (DPO)
Address: Hanover House, Queens Gate, Britannia Road, Waltham Cross, Herts EN8 7TF
Phone: 01992 807300
Date: 1st June 2022
The type of personal information we collect
We only collect basic personal data about you.
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Full Name
- Telephone Numbers
- Email address
- Communication Information & Preferences
Subject to the subscribed services, we may collect additional data such as voice recordings.
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- apply for our products or services
- use our products or services
- create an account with us
- subscribe to our services or publications
- request marketing to be sent to you
- provide feedback or contact us
We use the information that you have given us in order to:
- provide marketing information relating to our products and services
- provide maintenance, service and support
- provide sales order processing
- provide logistics
- provide Software as a Service (SaaS) functions
We share information, including personal information, with our third-party service providers that we use to provide:
- service and support
- CRM functions
- SaaS hosting services
- website services & analytics
These third-party service providers may have access to or process your personal information for the purpose of providing these services for us. We do not permit our third-party service providers to use the personal information that we share with them for their marketing purposes or for any other purpose than in connection with the services they provide to us.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting the DPO at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We have a contractual obligation to provide sales, maintenance, service and support for the subscribed services.
- We have a legal obligation to retain information as defined by local regulations and laws
- We need it in the event that an investigation raised by a regulatory body that requires access to the information collected
How we process your data
We do not share your personal information with third parties, other than for our professional or legitimate business needs, or as required or permitted by law. Subject to the services to which you are subscribing, where required for the provision of such services, we do transfer your personal information to third party service providers, appropriate arrangements are made in order to ensure correct and secure data processing in compliance with applicable data protection laws.
We store personal information about Website Visitors and Service Subscribers within the UK, EEA, the United States and in other countries and territories. To facilitate our global operations, we may transfer and access such personal information from around the world, including from other countries in which the Speakerbus Group has operations. Therefore, your personal information may be processed outside of the UK and EEA and in countries which are not subject to an adequacy decision and which may not provide for the same level of data protection as the UK and EEA.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored within protected Datacentre facilities with restricted access and biometric security systems to prevent unlawful access to the systems and data within.
By law, we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
In some circumstances we will anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
You can contact our Data Protection team who will investigate the matter. Our Data Protection team can be contacted via:
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law, you can complain to the
Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK regulator for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk).
We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO, so please contact us in the first instance.
CADENCE AS A SERVICE – TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Download the terms of service here
CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
Speakerbus recognises the importance of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR). We are a specialist provider of voice collaboration solutions and aim to operate as a “Responsible Business” based on ethical principles in compliance with legal regulations, good practice and the creation of long-term value for all our stakeholders.
This policy is aligned with our culture and behavioural patterns and values. Speakerbus defines its social responsibility as “a voluntary and strategic commitment that entails aiming to achieve business targets while complying with its legal, contractual and ethical obligations, applying criteria of equity and stability to relationships with its stakeholders, thus contributing to meeting the current and future needs of society”.
We are a multinational team that strives constantly to improve services and develop the best possible relationship with our clients, distributors, suppliers, shareholders, and society in general and to conduct its business in an ethical way. While Speakerbus is of a relatively small size, we are growing and thus the Company’s commitment to CSR is dynamic and regularly reviewed by the Group Board.
We recognise that essential to our continued success, is the support and involvement of our employees.
- Effective communication is essential to ensure employees are fully engaged with the business. The Leadership Team meets regularly throughout the year as a forum to discuss business progress and interdepartmental issues and we engage with employees through regular formal and informal communications;
- Employees have bi-annual appraisals to set objectives, identify strengths and areas for development;
- Training is provided to enhance job performance and aid personal development;
- Internal progression is encouraged and fully supported;
- Regular review of the benefits offered to employees;
- The promotion of a good work/life balance, offered through our Flexible Working policy;
- We are An Equal Opportunities Employer. We respect the diversity of our employees and promote equal opportunities, with no employee discriminated against, based upon their gender, age, disability, religion or any other characteristic.
- Our customers are at the centre of our activity and strong sustainable relationships based on mutual trust and the creation of value.
- We encourage transparent, clear, and responsible communication.
- We undertake to develop products and services with the social impact adapted to the context in which our customers operate.
- We conduct an annual survey to gain feedback from clients on multiple verticals of the business to identify areas for improvement.
- All products manufactured by Speakerbus are designed and tested to meet CE requirements and are marked accordingly.
HEALTH & SAFETY
- We provide a physically safe working environment and provide training and the use of protective equipment as appropriate.
- Risk assessments are undertaken where necessary to ensure the safety of employees.
- The Company’s premises are subject to regular inspection.
- Health and safety matters are regularly reviewed at Group Board meetings.
Whilst not of substantial impact compared with many other manufacturing industries, nevertheless, we acknowledge the impact our activities have on the environment and our responsibility to ensure this is minimised.
- In accordance with the requirements of the Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Regulations (WEEE), Speakerbus is registered with the UK Environmental Agency as a WEEE Producer and disposes of electrical equipment waste responsibly.
- Recycling collection facilities are in place in the Company’s offices.
- Redundant computer equipment is recycled ethically through registered local companies.
- We have a positive impact on the local communities in which we operate through the provision of high-quality local employment opportunities.
- We are increasing the number of Graduate Entrant opportunities to provide a route into employment and development opportunities for those finishing in education.
- We are building links with other local business through our membership of local Chambers of Commerce to share knowledge and opportunities.
- We actively seek to support charitable and worthy causes through sponsorship, events, donations and volunteering.
OPEN SOURCE DECLARATION
Some Speakerbus products contain open source software. We offer to ship you a CD ROM containing the open source code for our products for a charge of £20 plus shipping (This is no more than the cost of preparing and mailing the CD to you).
To obtain the source code please email email@example.com with your full name and postal contact details.
The products covered by this offer are:
- iManager Communications Server (iCS)
- iManager Web Service (iWS)
- iManager Gateway Server (iGS)
- iManager CloudBase (iCB)
- AYRE (iD924)
- iTurret (iD808 & iE801)
- Speaker (SE 708)
- Intercom (iD712)
- ALTO (iD704)
- Gateway (iG330)
Speakerbus Technology are aware of its obligations under section 1502 of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act regarding Conflict Minerals* sourced from the Democratic Republic of the Congo and its adjoining countries.
As a global distributor of Manufactured Electronic goods, Speakerbus Technology is committed to operating in a socially responsible way and promotes total transparency to aid our customers with all reporting requirements as we do utilise some of the materials in the manufacturing of our products.
Speakerbus Technology do not directly procure the minerals so we rely on the information from our suppliers and we work closely with them to ensure the materials are responsibly sourced.
Our Expectation of Suppliers
- Adopt a policy of responsible sourcing of mineral and pass this requirement through its supply chain;
- Implement due diligence processes to support that policy;
- Source materials from socially responsible suppliers.
Information from manufactures is becoming more readily available all of the time and Speakerbus Technology will continue its earnest efforts to facilitate the timely flow of information as it becomes available.
Supplier Conflict Minerals statements
Arrow Electronics (UK) Ltd
ACAL BFI UK Limited
Avnet EMG Ltd